Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Never Say Never

Today is Tuesday, September 4, 2012.  It looks like we might just have a nice day today.  Yesterday was pretty close until once again, the rains came.  However, was still able to get a load of laundry done and it did dry.

A couple of years ago you would not have convinced me that I would be sewing.  If a sewing machine seen me coming it ran.  It would take me no time at all to mess a machine up and do a real good job of it too.

Well about two years ago I purchased a rag quilt pattern for this really cute tote.  So once again I tried my hands at sewing and this time it worked!  Now I did have to use that trusty little seam ripper a couple of times, but in the end the tote came out cute and I was on my way to sewing.  To my surprise I was enjoying it, no really enjoying it.

I made table runners, dresser scarves and quilts.  To my surprise the quilts brought much joy not only making them, put to the people I had made them for.

Then I met a friend, "Granny" we call her that told me I could sew and if I needed help just send her a message.  This lady back in the day that they did quilting by had won first prize at the fairs.  She does beautiful work.  So when she told me that I could get help with whatever I needed, I decided right then and there to learn to sew clothing.

I started with pajama bottoms for grand kids from a pattern that I had made and then made it shorter to make him shorts with the same pattern.  Now they are not much to a lot of experienced sewers, however I never would have thought I would have sewn these.  In the last week or so I have made "pillow case dresses" for my grand daughter. Changing the design just a little with each one of them.

This is the front.



This is showing the back with a tie.

This one has no tie and has pockets.

This one I changed the direction.


These little dresses are great to make to use up stash. You can make them with just pieces and the more the merrier.  These can be worn with a little shirt under them or with leggings, or even a pair of jean. So may ways to be worn.

So many things that I want to make and will make, still have pajama bottoms to make for her and a couple of pair of shorts.  Am working on pot holders right now, they are very much needed.

My CT PET Scan was a good one, the lumps were muscles.  So will have another one I think it is scheduled in October. It has been 13 months cancer free.

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dede! Oh I love the dresses!!!
    I'm so glad you are healthy and healed!
    I wish we live closer. I have a sewing machine and tried my hand at doll making but you know, I think it is alot harder to sew than it seems! I bought tons of fabrics which are mostly Halloween and the are sitting in a bin. I did hand sew a few things but uggg! Have a wonderful week friend! My 3 boys are now in school all day just sent my youngest off for the 1st time. I'm having mixed feelings about it. I'm sure it will get better!:) Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all of the boys in school now, give it a go again with the sewing. Like I said, if a sewing machine seen me coming it would run. Now I have sooo many things waiting to be sewn and the really cool thing is that nothing has been from a pattern. Yes, I did make a bucket hat (fishing) for one of the guys on my treatment team and that was a real pattern. With all of the art you do, you can sew. Your baby will have so much to tell you this afternoon when he gets home. All will be good, you will make it through this, I did. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dede! I just found your blog again! Great news about your scan. And I try to sew, but i only know how to kinda sew dolls. Those little dresses are so cute.
    :) Take care! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pam! I bet that if you tried to sew you could do it too. I was think about you the other night, my "doll" is sitting right next to my thread rack. She watches everything that I do in my craft room. Would you send me your snail mail address? Pretty please...LOL So very good to hear from you! Blessings to you and your family!
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your day with me, I truly do enjoy your company....