Monday, September 24, 2012

Learning To Let Go

Today is Monday, September 24, 2012.  It is looking like it is going to be a gorgeous day today, now that Fall is here, no rain for the last  two days.  Knowing we really needed the rain for the water tables to build I really didn't say much until I realized that we had no summer, none. It rained ever day and the yard is going to take months to dry out.

My youngest son, 16, was and has been ready to buy a car.  He has is money put away and is holding tight to it.  I am so very proud of him for hanging on to it and not just blowing it on junk stuff.  A couple of times a week he would come and say mom what are you doing? Can we go look at a whatever it was. Sure we can.  He never allowed anyone to pressure him into buying something that he didn't want. Kudos to you son!

So Thursday there was  one in Gainesville which is an hour away, no big deal but being that far away and hubby still working I thought we needed to wait until he got off to go.  So got everything ready for dinner so when we got home just had to turn on the burners and oven.

Well he is the proud owner of  a 1996 Ford Mustang! The love of his life. He is a Mustang man, loves older cars. The man selling him the car said he had never sold a car to a sixteen year old and he paid cash.  Then the guy wanted to say that he couldn't own it by himself. Yes he can as long as he has insurance and he does.  It is not that a sixteen year old can't own a car, it's what people have been told for years so they believe it. Don't believe everything you hear.

So we got the car home and now his little check list is going.  Have to get the parts for a tune up ordered so that "we" can get that done tomorrow.  Then while I finished dinner they went and picked up the parts for the tune up.  

We ran out of daylight so it was put on hold until Friday.  Well dad had to work so mom was home. He is fired up and ready to get busy working on that car.  He informs me that he is going out to change the oil.  I think you need to wait.  Why? I have read how to do it in the book and I am going to go do it.  Okay.....son if you need help I am here.  Suddenly I realized that I had to let go of my last one, my baby, he is no longer my baby, he has grown into a fine young man. I noticed the deepness in his voice and wouldn't know him on the phone. He is no longer my baby......

He changed the oil, of course I had to go out and see how he was doing and make small talk with my coffee and he did a fine job.  So then he put the fuel injector cleaner into the tank and started changing the wiper blades. Dad got off early, I think he wanted to get his hands into that car too.  So the two men in my life we happy playing with the newest toy in the yard.

So I will stick with my baking, cleaning and sewing.  My sister daughter wanted a tote in orange and blue which I thought were her favorite colors only to find out she and her mom are Gator fans.  Sorry, I don't do football and have no clue.  This is the tote that I have started for her. I would love to have it finished up by tomorrow. Have to clean house today and make a lemon meringue pie. Bar Be Que burgers for supper tonight, life is good, life is very good.

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dede! Oh my 16 and a car that kind of scares me a little. My oldest is 13 and I'm just having a hard time with him having bigger feet than me and fast approaching my height! Have a great week friend!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Becca! I think the first was just as hard to let go of as the last is going to be. He has got to be at least a foot taller than I am and goodness, his feet a twice mine. I am not going to tell you it is easy, because it sure is not....
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your day with me, I truly do enjoy your company....